Southern Minnesota Attorney, Solving Problems for Our Clients
Our Mankato attorney team provides exceptional representation based on our commitment to solve legal problems for our clients. Our attorneys are:
- Experienced: With more than 30 combined years of experience, two of our attorneys have worked as prosecutors — a great benefit for our criminal defense practice that most lawyers don’t have.
- Esteemed: Our attorneys have received a 10/10 Avvo rating, BV rating, and have been listed as “Rising Stars” by Minnesota Super Lawyers and Minnesota Super Lawyer several times. The Rosengren, Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office has received many accolades indicative of their talent and commitment to high quality legal representation. Several of our attorneys speak nationally and internationally about criminal defense and family law.
- Local: We know the prosecutors, judges, court administrators in nearly all of the Southern Minnesota courts. While we don’t expect special treatment as local lawyers, the familiarity we share with other attorneys and judges simply helps when we are advocating for our clients.
Thomas Hagen is a partner attorney at Rosengren, Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office Chtd. and has extensive experience in criminal defense, family law and bankruptcy. His impressive track record in State and Federal Court is undeniable.
His credentials include being named “Rising Star” by Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine since 2012. This award is limited to no more than 4% of lawyers under the age of 40 in the state of Minnesota. Mr. Hagen is a member of numerous professional associations including the American Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, 6th District Bar Association and American Bar Association. He has been interviewed by many of the largest newspapers in the nation including, The New York Times and USA Today a well as the Minneapolis StarTribune. In 2012 he became a published author. His book titled, “Arrested for DWI in Minnesota” lays the foundation for a non-lawyer to survive after being charged with a DWI in Minnesota and is available from Amazon.Com both in hardcopy and in kindle format.
Mr. Hagen’s criminal law practice includes defending allegations of DWI, Drug Crimes, Sex Crimes, Driver License issues and appeals. Mr. Hagen not only focuses on the case at hand, but also the collateral consequences of a criminal charge. Mr. Hagen has successfully defended many individuals against serious criminal charges.
Mr. Hagen has also practice in bankruptcy involving consumer bankruptcy, specifically focusing on Chapter 7 filings.
Read More about Roko Law Attorney, Tom Hagen
Practicing law for more than two decades, Chris is a graduate of a top 25 law school, the University of Minnesota. After graduation, Chris moved to St. Peter, where he prosecuted for the city of St. Peter for several years. Handling assaults and DWI’s gave Chris an insight into how the criminal justice process works that many defense lawyers simply don’t have.
A veteran of the United States Army for 8 years, serving as a paratrooper and Russian translator for military Intelligence, Christopher is fluent in Russian
Hailing from Little Falls, Christopher is married with six children.
Some of the accolades and awards Christopher has received are:
- Winner of the Fifth Judicial District’s 2004 public service award (the first recipient in the history of the award)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Super Lawyers in both 2006 and 2007
- Named “Super Lawyer” for 2014-2017
- A frequent commentator for the Mankato Free Press as well as other local media outlets
- Member of the American Bar Association and Minnesota Association for Justice
- For more info on Christopher Rosengren.
One of the founding partners of Rosengren, Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office Chtd., Jason has already had led a distinguished career as an attorney. While at Hamline University School of Law, located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Jason was elected to sit on the American Bar Association-Law Student Division’s Board of Governors. Despite rigorous demands traveling the country representing the law students of 8 states he still made the Dean’s list while at Hamline.
During law school, Jason was a certified prosecutor under the MN Supreme Court’s Certified Student Attorney Rules. Prosecuting for Dakota County, the then fastest growing county in Minnesota, Jason prosecuted nearly every offense in Minnesota including criminal sexual assault, 5th degree assault, a variety of drug crimes as well as first-degree murder.
Jason has received a variety of awards and accolades including:
- Being named a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Super Lawyers 2003-2012
- Minnesota Super Lawyer 2013-Present
- “Star of the Quarter” by the American Bar Association’s-YLD
- One of 10 “up and coming lawyers” by Minnesota Lawyer Magazine, 2002
- Past Chair of Family Law Section for the Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Past Board of Governor member for the Minnesota State Bar Assoc. Criminal Law Section
- International speaker on both criminal and family law issues
- Rated a “10″ by Avvo.com, lawyer ranking organization
- Graduate of the NITA trial advocacy college
- Past Fellow of the American Bar Association – Family Law Section
Jason is also a six year veteran of the Minnesota Army National Guard where he served as both an infantryman and intelligence analyst. He now lives in North Mankato, with his wife and children as well as dabbling in writing, and completing his first book. “The Divorce Survival Guide: Getting Divorce in Minnesota” for sale in both print and kindle edition on Amazon.com
Contact Us (507) 625-5000 | We Solve Problems
Call our office or e-mail the firm to schedule an initial consultation